Not-a-Bot Terms and Conditions
Not-a-Bot Terms and Conditions
Effective: October 17, 2023
By participating in the recurring Not-a-Bot subscription service from X (“Not-a-Bot Program” or “Program”), you agree that your participation will be governed by and subject to the X User Agreement, X’s Purchaser Terms, and the following Not-a-Bot Terms and Conditions (collectively, the “Terms”). These Not-a-Bot Terms and Conditions supplement the X User Agreement and Purchaser Terms and supersede those terms only in the event of conflict.
1. Not-a-Bot Program Description. The Program is a recurring subscription service from X that provides your account with write-level functionality on the X platform, such as the ability to post content, like posts, reply, repost, quote, and bookmark other accounts’ posts and take other write actions on the platform as defined by X in our Help Center documentation. Upon payment you will be immediately provided with the write-level functionality for use. This constitutes a paid feature as described in X’s Terms of Service.
2. Beta Program. The Not-a-Bot Program is a beta program that X is testing for platform integrity improvements. All features and functionality of the Program will be determined by X in its sole discretion, and X may modify, pause, or discontinue the Program at any time with no refund to you. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND ALL DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THE X USER AGREEMENT APPLY TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
3. Relationship with X Premium. X Premium is an alternative subscription service that offers additional functionality. Users seeking write-level functionality may choose either the Program or an X Premium tier.
4. Sign-up & Managing Your Account, Payment Process & Pricing, Auto-Renewal.
a. Sign Up. You must be logged into your X account in order to sign up for the Program. When you sign up for the Program you may sign up and pay via: (i) Apple in-app purchase (if you sign up using an iOS-based device), (ii) Google’s in-app purchase (if you sign up using an Android-based device), or (iii) using Stripe, X’s third party payment partner (if you sign up using a web browser at www.x.com).
b. Managing Your Account. The method you use to sign up and pay for your Program subscription determines how you must manage your account. If you signed up and paid for the Program using Apple’s in-app purchasing, you can manage your subscription using the Apple App Store. If you signed up and paid for the Program using Google’s in-app purchasing, you can manage your subscription using the Google Play Store. If you signed up and paid for the Program using Stripe, X’s payment processor, you can manage your subscription on Stripe, which can be accessed via the X website within your account settings once you have logged into www.x.com. For more information about managing your X account and your subscription to the Program, please review the Not-a-Bot help pages and our Help Center regarding support for Paid Services.
c. Payment Process & Pricing. The price of a Program subscription is set by X. If you purchase a subscription, you do so by paying a subscription fee in advance on a recurring basis. When you subscribe to the Program you expressly agree that you are authorizing recurring payments, and that payments will be made by the payment method you have selected until the applicable subscription is canceled by you or by X. Your payment information will be automatically processed at the start of each subscription period. Mobile renewal processing dates may vary by up to 3 days. If your payment information is declined, you must provide new payment information for your subscription or your subscription will be canceled. If you provide new payment information and your payment account is successfully charged, your new subscription period will be based on the original renewal date and not the date the successful charge took place. There are no refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods, including in a situation where certain features, benefits and/or services are modified or discontinued. SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE PREPAID, NON-REFUNDABLE (UNLESS REQUIRED BY LAW), AND AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AT THE END OF EACH SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD UNLESS THE SUBSCRIPTION IS CANCELED FOLLOWING THE CANCELLATION PROCEDURES BELOW.
5. Canceling Your Subscription. You can cancel your Not-a-Bot Program subscription at any time. If you purchased your subscription using Apple’s in-app purchasing, you may only cancel your subscription via the Apple App Store, which can be accessed within your account settings once you have logged into the X iOS App. If you purchased your subscription using Google’s in-app purchasing, you may only cancel your subscription via the Google Play Store, which can be accessed within your account settings once you have logged into the X for Android App. If you purchased your subscription using Stripe, X’s payment processor, you may only cancel your subscription via Stripe, which can be accessed via the X website within your account settings once you have logged into www.x.com. Regardless of how your subscription was purchased, your subscription automatically renews unless you cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription period ends. If you cancel your subscription, your subscription will remain active from the time you cancel until the end of your current subscription period. You will not receive a refund or credit for any remaining days in your current subscription period, unless required by law. For more information about canceling your X account and your subscription, you can review our Help Center regarding support for Paid Services.
6. Operating System and Geographic Limitations. The Program, and its associated features and restrictions, may only be offered on certain operating systems and in certain geographic locations (as X releases from time to time), and the features and benefits of the Program may vary by operating system and/or country.
7. Changes to Terms. X may update or amend these Not-a-Bot Terms from time to time. You will check the X site regularly for updates. X will alert you of material revisions to these terms by posting the updated terms on the site, via a service notification, or by other suitable means. The changes will not be retroactive, and the most current version of these Not-a-Bot Terms will govern your access to and use of the Program. Your continued access or use of the Program will constitute binding acceptance of such updates and modifications.
8. Language. These Terms are written in English and may be made available in multiple languages through translations. X strives to make the translations as accurate as possible to the original English version. However, in case of any discrepancies or inconsistencies, the English language version shall take precedence. You acknowledge that English shall be the language of reference for interpreting and constructing these Terms.